Thursday, August 14, 2008

Riding a bike cures depression?

I know when I'm feeling down, some time riding around can help get me out of a slump. I count myself lucky to never have had to deal with real depression personally.

Here's a great story about a friend of mine, Peter Allen.

At the end of the article is information about a ride that he's putting together to benefit the Center for People with Disabilities, a great organization that helps folks with disabilities. The money raised from registration fees and donations on the ride will go towards the purchase of a van for the Center.

The ride, which is from Boulder to Fort Collins, begins on Friday, September 5th, includes camping overnight in Fort Collins, and joining up with the Tour De Fat the following day, with a bus ride back home Saturday night.

For more information about the ride, or volunteer opportunities, please contact petetomato80303@yahoo.com.

No comments: